I noticed two different WP errors on Chiropractic Blogs today…

WordPress database error: [Got error 1 from storage engine]
WordPress database error: [Got error 122 from storage engine]

The first was repaired via phpmyadmin by running a repair on tables showing Bytes in the Overhead column. Thanks to Paul Stamatiou’s post How To Quickie: Repair MySQL Tables I had no problem getting that accomplished.

The other error appeared after the first was corrected. It read…

WordPress database error: [Got error 122 from storage engine]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON t.term_id = tt.term_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN (‘category’) ORDER BY t.name ASC

My first thought was that a comment left yesterday somehow messed up the database, but comments were appearing just fine, so I figured it was likely something else. Only the category section was being affected.

I logged into the server to check server status and everything looked good. Account wasn’t over disk quota (another assumption I had) and nothing appeared to be out of the ordinary. I restarted the mySQL Server but no change took place. Had to go to the office so I figured I’d look into this more when I returned home.

Wouldn’t you know it, I get home and refresh the page, and everything is appearing normal again. I’ll see what happens over the next 24 hours or so and will post an update if I get more information.

The error is back 10 minutes later so it obviously didn’t fix itself. Researching further.